My student program - Socials Sciences
Sabaideebor Everyone!
Hello everybody, to those who don't know me, my name is Kaleena Phommachack and I am a student at college Ahuntsic. I was born in Montreal but come from a Laotian family. Growing up, I always spoke in French with my siblings and English with my parents but it was very important for my grandparents that we spoke Lao. Younger, I wasn't so fluent in my native language but I always understood the meaning of most words. Today, I have made it a priority to speak Lao at least once a day and have been doing so much better that even my siblings find it odd that I speak Lao with them haha! The word "Sabaideebor" means "how are you?" and is the proper way to great people in my culture!
Without further ado, let's get into the subject of today's blog. My student program!
I have been studying at Ahuntsic in the Socials Sciences program for many years now. More specifically, in the program of Society and Environment. Throughout the semesters here, I have learned to love other fields like Psychology and Internationals Politics but my real love is in the Law field. I would definitely make sure to combine them in the near future but my focus remains the same.
This programs shows so much different aspects of our society through classes like Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy and Politics. I realize now, looking back, that each of them has brought something new in me. It allowed me to change my perspective on a daily basis. I see the world differently and therefore I understand it better. The books and readings that I didn't feel like doing where actually the one that helped me evolved the most. Now that this program is coming to an end, I actually have made reading an important part of my routine.
I used to not read much because the books that were given to me almost my entire life were assignments. Which made reading seem like a task and would bore me. Ever since I realized the type of reading subjects that interest me, I have found a great amount of book that I am looking forward to read during my personal time!
Social interactions are also important for any program! It was important especially for me. It is highly recommended to make new friends and new interactions in order to make a positive environment in class and at school. We never know when a classmate can come in handy. What's even nicer is that you may even find a friend for life, who knows?
Let me know if you also would like to read more often! I would love to share and suggest some books, both available in French and English!
Comments
Post a Comment